Tanning is a common skin problem faced by individuals exposed to the sun for long periods. It can make your skin appear darker and cause patchy discolorations.
Sun exposure, dirt, dust, air pollution, and an unhealthy lifestyle contribute to skin tanning.
Getting rid of this unwanted tan can be challenging, especially on the hands and face. However, numerous home remedies help remove tan from the hands and face, and many don't even require expensive ingredients.
Skin tanning can be removed using ingredients that are easily available in the kitchen. In this blog, we will discuss some of the most effective home remedies.
Ways to Remove Tan Using Home Remedies?
According to ancient Ayurvedic studies, natural elements such as turmeric, saffron, sugar, and nut-based oils can effectively treat skin tanning.
If you're looking for ways to help reduce tanning your skin, the comfort of your home is the best place to start.
In this article, we aim to provide some simple home remedies that can target tanning on any part of the body, such as your neck, feet, arms, or hands.
1. Lemon Juice and Honey for Removing Tan:
- Combine two tablespoons of lemon juice and one teaspoon of honey in a bowl.
- Apply this mixture to the tanned areas and keep it on for 10-15 minutes.
- It helps to lighten the tan and acts as a natural skin toner.
2. Remove Tan using Cucumber and Yogurt:
- Blend a cucumber into a smooth paste.
- Add two tablespoons of plain yogurt into the paste and stir together.
- Apply the paste on the tanned areas and keep it on for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with cool water when done.
This combination helps to nourish and moisturize the skin while it helps lighten the tan
3. Milk and Gram Flour for Removing Tan:
- Combine three tablespoons of gram flour, two tablespoons of cold milk, and one teaspoon of turmeric powder in a bowl.
- Apply the paste to the tanned areas, and let it dry for 10-15 minutes.
- Rub gently to remove the paste, then wash away with lukewarm water.
This mixture will help to brighten and lighten your skin.
4. Remove Tan using Oatmeal And Buttermilk:
- Mix half a cup of oatmeal with enough buttermilk to form a paste.
- Apply this paste to the affected areas and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water.
Oatmeal has excellent skin cleansing and exfoliating properties. Buttermilk has many lactic acids that lighten, soften, and even tone skin.
It makes our skin looks younger and fresher.
5. Turmeric & Yogurt for Removing Tan:
- Mix a teaspoon of turmeric powder, yogurt, and a few drops of lemon juice.
- Apply it to the tanned areas and wash off after 10-15 minutes.
Turmeric is packed with antioxidants that help reduce sun tan's effects.
6. Remove Tan using Gram Flour and Tomatoes:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of gram flour, one teaspoon of tomato juice, and one teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Scrub this mixture gently on the affected area and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Do this twice a week to see the gradual fading of the tan.
This mixture has bleaching properties, which help reduce suntan.
7. Sandalwood & Rosewater Paste for Removing Tan:
- Prepare a paste with a tablespoon of sandalwood powder, a tablespoon of rosewater, and a few drops of lemon juice.
- Apply the paste over the affected area and leave it for 15-30 minutes.
- Rinse off with cold water.
It will help soothe the skin and reduce dark spots and tan on the face.
8. Remove Tan using Multani Mitti And Rose Water:
- Add four tablespoons of Multani mitti (fuller’s earth) in a bowl and four tablespoons of rose water. Mix the ingredients and form a smooth paste.
- Apply the paste onto the tanned area.
- Let it dry until it forms a thin, crumbly layer on your skin.
- Wash off with cold water.
Multani Mitti effectively cools and relieves sunburns. Additionally, it takes the tan off and makes your skin glow.
9. Aloe Vera for Removing Tan:
Aloe vera is an excellent remedy for reducing the effects of sun tanning.
- Apply fresh aloe vera gel to the affected area and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water
It helps the skin to help soothe and moisturize and reduce tanning.
Also Read: Nighttime Skincare Mistakes To Avoid
Drinking at least 15 to 20 glasses of water daily ensures you stay hydrated. In addition, eating a diet rich in antioxidants, such as fruits and vegetables, salads, steamed vegetables, juices, and smoothies, will help to reduce tanning and promote healthy, glowing skin. Organic products are also great to use for pigmentation.